Re: Latest Fedora 7 NM can't disable wireless

Dan Williams wrote:
On Tue, 2007-06-26 at 12:45 -0400, Matthew Saltzman wrote:
I updated to NetworkManager-0.6.5-6.fc7 last night.  Now, when I
right-click on the nm-applet icon, the Enable Wireless checkbox is
greyed out and I can't set or unset the check mark.

This was not the case with the previous version.

Is your wireless rfkilled?  NM will gray out the enable/disable wireless
checkbox if it thinks that the hardware has killed the radio.  Can you
do a dump of 'lshal' and grab the section for killswitch, if any?

Dan

Just tried the same here with Fedora7, Lenovo T60, and ipw3945. Flipping the kill switch grays out the checkbox, but it remains gray once re-enabled and re-connected....

Regards,
Jon.