Re: Latest Fedora 7 NM can't disable wireless

On 6/26/07, Dan Williams <dcbw redhat com> wrote:
On Tue, 2007-06-26 at 12:45 -0400, Matthew Saltzman wrote:
> I updated to NetworkManager-0.6.5-6.fc7 last night.  Now, when I
> right-click on the nm-applet icon, the Enable Wireless checkbox is
> greyed out and I can't set or unset the check mark.
>
> This was not the case with the previous version.

Is your wireless rfkilled?  NM will gray out the enable/disable wireless
checkbox if it thinks that the hardware has killed the radio.  Can you
do a dump of 'lshal' and grab the section for killswitch, if any?

its the same here it seems if the rfkill is not supported in hal  nm greyes this option out.