NetworkManager thinks "usb0" is my default network port.

NetworkManager is now showing two "Wired Network" selections; one for my normal ethernet interface and one for my usb network interface, and of course the wireless networks.

I had this problem on Ubuntu and got so fed up that I went back to Gentoo where NetworkManager didn't have this problem. But now it is doing it and I'm not sure at this moment if it is because I had my Zaurus plugged in (it is what I use usb0 for) on boot up or if it was caused by an update that I just ran.

For some reason networkmanager will now show my usb0 device which is not connected to the internet and in my case never will be used to connect to the internet. I have usb0 set up in Gentoo configs to set a certain IP and Netmask for the interface whenever it comes up. And it only comes up when I plug in my Zaurus. When I plug in my zaurus Network Manager anoyingly changed over to the usb0 device and my internet connection stops working.

Is there a way to remove usb0 from showing in Network Manager or at least set it so that Network Manager never tries to use it as a default route to the internet?