Re: Question regarding Madwifi signal strength

On Fri, 2007-06-08 at 14:53 -0400, Darren Albers wrote:
> If you use those packages make sure you remove network-manager and
> network-manager-gnome first.
>
> Let me know if the patches bring things closer to normal for you.

Hmm. I've just rebuilt NM 0.6.5 with the Ubuntu patch. It *has*
increased the signal strength reported by NM, but I don't think it's
done so correctly - it's now reporting 100% strength for every access
point listed (compared to the 65% reported by gnome's network monitor
applet).

Despite that, I'll leave the patch in place. I've had quite a few
problems maintaining a connection to my access point lately, and this
can hardly make things any worse.

Simon.