Re: NM 0.6.5 unable to reconnect to WPA2 network (first connection fine)

Hi,
I tried to apply your patch but it failed. After I investigated it a little, I found out you are probably using a distro-specific source. Could you please try this against the current svn? I am using Ubuntu with network manager 0.6.4 and there the patch fails as well.
Tomas
On Wed, 06 Jun 2007 19:13:07 +0200, Jon Escombe <lists dresco co uk> wrote:

----- "Jon Escombe" <lists dresco co uk> wrote:
----- "Jon Escombe" <lists dresco co uk> wrote:

> Symptom now is that on a first connection it works fine, dialog is
> presented for the credentials and connects fine. However, once the
> details for the network are in gconf, reconnecting to that network
> just results in a endless loop of trying. Including an excerpt from
> the log below. If I remove the details from gconf then it works again
> for one time only.

I've managed to debug this some more, and can see that the private key
password isn't being returned by nm-applet for a WPA-EAP connection.

In nm-gconf-wso-wpa-eap.c, real_serialize_dbus(),
nm_gconf_wso_get_key(instance) always returns null - although the key
is present in the keyring. If I hack my real key into this function
then it works as expected.. Any clues?

Thanks,
Jon.

Got there in the end ;) The current code has an assumption that 802.1X passwords aren't stored in the keyring, but the private key passwords for 802.1X networks ARE stored there.

The attached patch to applet-dbus-info.c gets things working for me (using a .pfx file and private key password) but I don't know if it has any implications for other 802.1X configs?

Also worth noting that I need Jon Nettleton's device-link-race.patch to get reliable connections.

Regards,
Jon.