Problems with special characters in decoded Cisco Group Password

hi everybody, i have a problem with the cisco group password of my
university and the network-manager-vpnc-plugin.

Connecting to my universities vpn with vpnc has never worked again after
they changed the group password to one that contains some special
characters (e.g. ` @ { ² é % í).(I always got a "hash comparison failed"
error message) Now that vpnc 0.4.0 can use the obfuscated  Group
Password internally, the connection magically works, when calling vpnc
from the commandline using a config file generated by pcf2vpnc (seems
like a character conversion problem to me).

But as network-manager-vpnc still needs the decoded password, the
connection fails to be established when trying so. Is there any way to
fix this behaviour?
--
best regards, jan