Enable wpa-eap

I've just started using ubuntu7.04, and I've noticed that PEAP doesn't
appear to be enabled. I've used wpa_supplicant, and I can connect that
way. I've tried recompiling NetworkManager0.6.5 and nm-applet 0.6.5,
and that didn't work, then I tried all kinds of options with
./configure like --with-wpa_supplicant=/sbin/wpa_supplicant and then I
tried configuring nm-applet with --enable-<option> where I replaced
<option> with wpa-eap wpa-psk wpa_supplicant and everything else I
could think of, because I don't know what the FEATURES are. Will any
enable peap support? If not, what will?

Thanks,
-Peter