Re: hostname

Hi Ali,

On Fri, 2007-01-19 at 09:36 +0100, Ali Al-Shabibi wrote:

> 	When I connect to my network with NetworkManager, it resets my hostname
> to a value received by DHCP. Is there a way not let NetworkManager do this?

Actually there is a way to avoid setting the hostname.  However, it
depends on your distribution.

There are are couple of backends (src/backends) which provide
distribution specific bits.  Among others, each backend has to implement
the function nm_system_set_hostname().  This function is able to decide
on whether to set the hostname or not (e.g. the decision can depend on
some configuration file option).

Please get in touch with the NetworkManager maintainers of your
distribution to solve this issue.

Thanks,

   Timo