Fix for topic: "Connected wireless once using WPA, cannot connect again"

Ladies and Germs,
A few days ago I submitted an email to the NetworkManager list,
regarding my laptop no longer connecting to my wireless AP, tho it did
at first.  A snippet follows.  It turns out, I fixed the problem.

My wireless SSID broadcast was off.  When I turned it on, *voila!*
wireless works.  I don't think that's right; I should be able to
connect to my wireless AP even if not broadcasting my SSID.  If I know
what my SSID is, I don't need to broadcast it.  Thanks.

-- snippet --
I'm running Kubuntu Edgy and I had gotten my Thinkpad T60 up and
running using KNetworkManager.  Versions:
uname -a : Linux rodin 2.6.17-10-386 #2 Fri Oct 13 18:41:40 UTC 2006
i686 GNU/Linux
wpa_supplicant: 0.5.4
network-manager: 0.6.3-2ubuntu6

Network card is an Intel 3945abg.  I'm using WPA-PSK, TKIP algorithm.

After getting it working, I rebooted into Windows.  (don't ask me
why... :-).  Used Windows for a coupla weeks, then went back to
Ubuntu.  Wireless network no longer works.

--
-Mike Schwager