Re: cAtivation (eth0/wireless): couldn't send wireless configuration to the supplicant.

root mangue:~# more /etc/network/interfaces
auto lo
iface lo inet loopback

auto eth0
iface eth0 inet dhcp

auto eth1
iface eth1 inet dhcp
wireless-essid default

auto eth2
iface eth2 inet dhcp

auto ath0
iface ath0 inet dhcp

auto wlan0
iface wlan0 inet dhcp
wireless-essid default

iface irlan0 inet dhcp

auto irlan0
root mangue:~#

Darren Albers wrote:
Post your /etc/network/interfaces

On 1/6/07, Joan Moreau <joan moreau m4x org> wrote:

Darren Albers wrote:
> On 1/6/07, Joan Moreau <joan moreau m4x org> wrote:
>> The version provided by Ubuntu (0.6.3) just says "No network devices
>> found". I guess they did not test the software before releasing it.
>
> Joan, that message is because the Ubuntu package will not manage any
> devices that have configuration information beyond DHCP in
> /etc/network/interfaces.

Everything is well configured in the Network manager of Gnome/Ubuntu.
But still, the applet 0.6.3 (from Ubuntu) does not show any
connection... :-(

>> 0.6.4 and 0.7 are acting the same way, stating an error on the
>> supplicant..
>>
>> Any ideas ?
>
> Comment out any configurations for your network cards in
> /etc/network/interfaces or use the Network-Admin tool to set those
> interfaces to auto.  Then install Network-Manager from the Ubuntu
> Repo's

Done, nothing works. I have to configure the wireless network manually
all the time...

ANy ideas ?