Re: couple of questions about the NM TODO

On 1/4/07, Dan Williams <dcbw redhat com> wrote:

> you're at a conference and
> looking for the wireless, possibly trying a few different connections
> that don't work until you find one that does.  However next time you're
> up and running NM continues to try all the other connections if it
> doesn't see the last one that worked.  Since I haven't been to a
> conference in a while this isn't much of an issue for me anymore, but
> was something I wanted to think about fixing.

By this, you mean that you can successfully connect to a network (ie get
an IP address) but that you need to either pay $$$$ or log in or
something?  That case we don't handle so well right now.  Perhaps we
should "forget" save details of an unknown network that you were only
connected to for less than 3 minutes or something.  Ideas?

How about trying in order of longest total connection time?  Then your
home or regular work connection is sure to get checked first.

It seems that actually removing a connection is a function of the UI,
not NM itself, and I thought knetworkmanager was capable of that
(since I only use 2 networks, I could easily be wrong).
--
derek