Re: Running arbitrary commands on connect

These are good, thanks.  The only part left, where can i find a DBUS
reference to get the actual essid of the wireless network being
connected to?

On 2/25/07, Darren Albers <dalbers gmail com> wrote:
On 2/25/07, Dan Williams <dcbw redhat com> wrote:
> On Sun, 2007-02-25 at 19:33 -0500, Yaakov Nemoy wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > I'm looking at putting together a custom stack of apps to run when
> > creating an ad-hoc network (ie dhcp, dns).  Is there a simple way to
> > have Network manager run an arbitrary command(s) on the creation of
> > specific ad-hoc networks?
> >
> > If not that, where can i find a reference on the DBUS interface so i
> > can create my own daemon to listen in on the status of network
> > manager?
>
> You can do this quite easily, or there is NetworkManagerDispatcher which
> should already be in your distros package.
>
> dan

There are some example scripts available here:
http://www.darrenalbers.net/wiki/index.php?title=NetworkManagerScripts