RE: My wireless card activity could notberecognizedbyNetworkManager

On Tue, 2007-02-20 at 10:10 -0800, Jihua Cheng wrote:
> Dan,
>
> Could you tell me
> 1) How to find the HAL's version?
> 2) How to know if HAL detects my driver?

If you're on an rpm-based distribution:

rpm -qv hal

If hal detects your driver, it will show something like the following
for your wireless network device when you run 'lshal':

udi = '/org/freedesktop/Hal/devices/net_00_16_xx_xx_xx_xx'
  info.udi = '/org/freedesktop/Hal/devices/net_00_16_xx_xx_xx_xx'  (string)
  linux.subsystem = 'net'  (string)
  linux.hotplug_type = 2  (0x2)  (int)
  net.80211.mac_address = xxxxxxxxxx  (0x16xxxxxxxx)  (uint64)
  info.product = 'WLAN Interface'  (string)
  net.arp_proto_hw_id = 1  (0x1)  (int)
  net.linux.ifindex = 3  (0x3)  (int)
  net.address = '00:16:xx:xx:xx:xx'  (string)
  net.interface = 'eth0'  (string)
  net.physical_device = '/org/freedesktop/Hal/devices/pci_8086_4220'  (string)
  info.capabilities = {'net', 'net.80211'} (string list)
  info.category = 'net.80211'  (string)
  info.parent = '/org/freedesktop/Hal/devices/pci_8086_4220'  (string)
  linux.sysfs_path = '/sys/class/net/eth0'  (string)

Dan