RE: My wireless card activity could not be recognized by NetworkManager

I had the same problem with whatever wireless card I got. The solution was to empty /etc/network/interfaces and put only the local dummy interface but not ethX nor wlanX

-----Original Message-----
From: "Jihua Cheng" <jihuac marvell com>
To: "Paul Betts" <paul betts gmail com>
Cc: networkmanager-list gnome org
Sent: 16.02.07 04:37
Subject: RE: My wireless card activity could not be recognized by	NetworkManager

Hi,

Thanks so much!

My wireless card is a PCI card. I use the lspci and I can find my PCI
interface. When I use the lshal -l, I find my device too.

I am wondering if
1) some setting is need for Network Manager, for the wireless interface.
2) my wireless card driver does not response some Wireless Extension
ioctl() correctly.

Could you give me more hints?

Charles