RE: My wireless card activity could notberecognizedbyNetworkManager

On Fri, 2007-02-16 at 12:28 -0800, Jihua Cheng wrote:
> Dan,
>
> I added the SET_NETDEV_DEV. Network Manager still does not detect my
> wireless card.
>
> I noticed that when I right click mouse on NetworkManager icon, only
> Gray "Wired Network" showed up. I disconnect Ethernet connection. Should
> Network manager show "Wireless Network"? Could some parameter setting is
> not properly setup for NetworkManager?

This is really an issue between the driver and HAL.  If you get it to
show up in HAL, then it will show up in NetworkManager (and then we can
see if your driver does WEXT right :).  In any case, what version of HAL
do you have?  Then we can track down exactly how HAL is looking for
wireless.

Dan