Re: No Broacast, no connection!

On Tue, 2007-02-13 at 15:00 -0200, Ricardo C O Freitas wrote:
> Hi there!
>
> I have an atheros  pci card on a 6.06 Ubuntu desktop here.
>
> When I cancel the ESSID broacasting (for safety reasons), I can't get the card
> connected!

Note that this is _certainly_ not safe; anyone can sniff and discover
your SSID when you associate, reassociate, or probe your access point.
The SSID is broadcast in the clear even if you have WEP or other
encryption enabled, as 802.11 doesn't encrypt management frames, only
data.

> Is this expected?

No, NM should be able to cache the BSSID of your access point and
subsequently recognize it.

> What can I do to solve this issue?

I'd need some logs from syslog (usually /var/log/messages) of the
connection attempt of NM to see what's going wrong.