Re: Asus EeePC

On Thu, 27 Dec 2007, Ryan Novosielski wrote:
Well, I'll try to take a good look at this thing when I get it. Maybe
the information can be of help in some way.

Having worked on this part of the eeePC, I have some useful information.

The atl2 driver on the unit works great, the upstream source "just works" with it.

The problem with the wireless is that Atheros was very insistent on shipping their version of madwifi as default (surprise).

Nonetheless, my experimentation with 2.6.24, the latest madwifi, and the latest wpa-supplicant were very positive.

--Pat