Re: How to use the pppd plugin from svn?

On Dec 19, 2007 9:46 PM, van Schelve <public van-schelve de> wrote:
> After restarting hald, NetworkManager and the modem itself I see three
> entries "GSM Modem" in the NetworkManager. But how do I have to configure
> them to create a UMTS connection?

There was a bug in NetworkManager that added a "GSM Modem" entry for
each serial interface the modem has. It was fixed a couple of weeks
ago in the SVN. There's no UI for configuring the modem connections,
the applet creates settings with default values and if that doesn't
work for your connection, then it doesn't work. You could use
gconf-editor to change the phone number or to set the PIN, other
settings are currently ignored by NM.

Tambet