Re: Disable NM for eth0 or setting a static ip
- From: Dan Williams <dcbw redhat com>
- To: Rajko Albrecht <ral alwins-world de>
- Cc: networkmanager-list gnome org
- Subject: Re: Disable NM for eth0 or setting a static ip
- Date: Tue, 11 Dec 2007 10:06:08 -0500
On Tue, 2007-12-11 at 12:33 +0100, Rajko Albrecht wrote:
> I tried to find a possiblity for using NM for WLan and VPN but not for ethX
> interfaces. Or setting up static IPs for cable interfaces.
> Is this meanwhile possible or must I disable NM?
Some distributions allow you to disable specific interfaces from
NetworkManager. Ubuntu, SUSE, and Fedora have facilities for this.
There is limited support for static IPs in 0.6.x, and better support for
them in 0.7.x (yet to be released). Note that in 0.6.x, hiding an
interface just makes NM ignore it, NM will still bring up connections
on other interfaces.
] [Thread Prev