Re: Pre-populate NM-vpnc profiles?

> (I'm talking about 0.7 here)
>
> It shouldn't matter what the path is in GConf.  Numerics got picked as
> the default paths just because they're pretty easy to handle.  If you
> wanted to use a string that should work too (in fact, give it a shot and
> let me know if the connection doesn't get found and I'll look into it).
>
> So if you really want a stable connection, export the connection details
> with:
>
> gconftool-2 --dump /system/networking/connections/6 > my-connection.xml
>
> Edit the resulting xml to change base directory to, say, "CompanyNet":
>
>   <entrylist base="/system/networking/connections/CompanyNet">
>
> then, roll that .xml file into an RPM and in the %install section do
> something like:
>
> gconftool-2 --load %{SOURCE0}
>
> Not sure if you need to give a directory to load stuff into with --load,
> you might.

Dan & Casey,
Thanks for the ideas.  I am hoping to write something that will work
with NM < 0.7 and also for 0.7.  0.7 is currently unstable on Fedora 8
with VPN dialogs crashing, etc.  I'll probably play with Fedora 7 / NM
< 0.7 first to see if I can automate this and I'll wait for some
NM-vpnc fixed RPMs to try and adapt it on Fedora 8.

/Brian/