Re: openvpn fixes against svn 3138

Dan Williams wrote:
Is this dependent on a specific openVPN version?  Because some of the
config options and command line things look like they've changed...

The only change with openvpn interaction I made is reading the ip address from the "ifconfig_local" environment variable, rather than "ipconfig_local". This change was introduced in NetworkManager revision #2952 [1], which was likely just a typo as the code was reworked. So, no this shouldn't be dependent on a specific openvpn version (at least not any different than all previous versions of the openvpn plugin).

Here's a quick summary of my changes by file:

nm-openvpn-service-openvpn-helper.c:
* Get ip from "ifconfig_local", not "ipconfig_local".

nm-openvpn-service.c:
* Add PASSWORD and CERTPASS to the props list for validation.
* Convert "remote" prop to string before passing to openvpn.
* Change an error message from vpnc to openvpn.

nm-openvpn.c:
* Fix wrong key being used to store TA_DIR property.
* Make advanced settings widgets load properly from glade.

auth-dialog/main.c:
* Fix gconf paths (prefix subpaths with leading slash).
* Fix a missed name -> id change.
* Don't overwrite proper needpass/certpass.
* Dump key names out with passwords.

I noticed a couple places where I think there's some leaking going on that I'll come back and address later. (I'm assuming GladeXML*'s should be unref'ed when we're done with them?) I especially like the comment, "The string here is leaked, big deal." in nm-openvpn-service.c. ;-)

-casey

[1]http://svn.gnome.org/viewvc/NetworkManager/trunk/vpn-daemons/openvpn/src/nm-openvpn-service-openvpn-helper.c?r1=2118&r2=2952