Re: Fwd: NetworkManager no-go

On Tue, 2007-12-04 at 19:07 -0800, Yasha Karant wrote:
> I have been informed that the behavior below evidently is a bug
> in NetworkManager.  I am using NetworkManager Applet 0.6.4 under
> RHEL 5, and NetworkManager  and NetworkManagerDispatcher 0.6.5 .
>
> NetworkManager did not offer me any choices in network, nor did it
> change from the pre-existing channel 11 under the circumstances
> below.
>
> Is this a  bug?  If so, what is the fix?

Best thing to do is to file a bug in Red Hat bugzilla and then we can
diagnose this issue further.  If you could put some more details into
the bug report, like:

1) What kernel version, what wireless card, and what driver the card is
using

2) Attach a /var/log/messages that shows a NetworkManager connection
attempt to the bug report

#2 is important; without that it's hard to figure out where things are
going wrong.

Thanks,
Dan