Re: ppp using NM

----- "Tambet Ingo" <tambet gmail com> wrote:
> On Dec 4, 2007 4:58 PM, Darren Albers <dalbers gmail com> wrote:
> > Just out of curiosity what cards have you tested with?
>
> As I said, I don't know of anyone else other than Jon who has
> successfully tried it. I don't know what card he has, but mine is
> Huawei e630. (I also know it doesn't work for Dan but I'm sure he'll
> fix it :)
>
> Tambet

I used an Option UMTS card (0af0:5000) - badged as a Vodafone UK "Mobile Connect 3G". It worked with the default *99# dial string, although I've previously saved the Vodafone APN into slot 1 on the card.

I've since noticed an intermittent issue where the connection configuration isn't retrieved/set correctly, shows itself as invalid bit/parity settings in the NM output. Given some persistence it generally works in the end ;)

Regards,
Jon.