Re: I need some information.

Aaron Konstam <akonstam sbcglobal net> writes:

> On Fri, 2007-08-03 at 11:10 -0400, Derek Atkins wrote:
>>
>> > I think you are confusing a/b/g "mode" (which is _not_ the topic)
>> > with AP/STA/IBSS/monitor "mode" (which is the topic).
>
> Would someone take the trouble to explain what AP/STA/IBSS/monitor
> "mode" means?

Well, first, I didn't write this.  But these terms mean:

AP -- Access Point
STA -- Station (e.g. a computer that associates to an AP)
IBSS -- Ad-Hoc mode

I'm 100% sure what monitor mode means.  Perhaps it's a "dump every
wireless packet we see"?  Ala Kismet?

-derek
       warlord MIT EDU                        PGP key available