Fedora 7 NM doesn't use caching nameserver?

Hi,

I'm running a fairly up-to-date Fedora 7, and sometime in the
relatively recent past network manager stopped recognizing
my local caching nameserver.  So instead of using 127.0.0.1
my resolv.conf seems to be using whatever is supplied by DHCP.

How do I get my local caching nameserver back again?  I can't
see to figure out how to tell NM to use it again.

I know named is running with dbus:

named     2422  0.0  0.1  54248  5512 ?        Ssl  Jul27   0:02 /usr/sbin/named -u named -c /etc/named.caching-nameserver.conf -D -t /var/named/chroot

But /etc/resolv.conf says:

# generated by NetworkManager, do not edit!

search <my domain>

nameserver <local nameserver>

Suggestions?

-derek
       warlord MIT EDU                        PGP key available