Re: NM does not work with iwl4965 device

Tmus,

I have actually had great success using the patched EL5 Linville kernels on a t61 with the 4965 card.
I managed to get both LEAP/WPA-PSK to work correctly.

Thomas M Steenholdt wrote:
Jerone Young wrote:
It works fine for me. I have a Lenovo Thinkpad T61 and I am using
Ubuntu Gutsy (which has NM 0.65). I am using WPA 2 at home with my
Linksys WRTGL router. I have been using the drivers for some time and
Network manager has not had any issue working with them.
Here is the version of intel driver I am currently using

iwplwifi: 0.1.5
iwlwifi-4965-ucode: 4.44.1.18
mac80211: 9.0.2

Hmmm... I'm using the stock (updates) Fedora 7 kernel and the stock (updates) Fedora 7 NetworkManager too... I actually got NetworkManager to successfully associate *once* - by random chance perhaps... This particular network is "hidden". That might cause some sort of confusion? I'll try to un-hide it for a moment to see what difference that might make.

/Thomas