VPN Interface Suggestion

I would like to make a quick suggestion regarding the VPN interface in
network-manager.  I think this has been eluded to before, but I have not
followed this list closely and I couldn't turn up any matches in my brief
search.

I think it would make sense to add a checkbox option titled "exclusive
connection" to each of the vpn configuration dialogs, with some sort of
tooltip stating "When established, this vpn connection will disconnect all
other vpn connections."  The checkbox would default to enabled for all vpn
types except for ipsec connections (vpnc and the openswan applet that is
under development).  Then add checkboxes to the applet next to each
connection name, conveying whether or not each connection is active.  This
would allow users to connect to multiple vpns at the same time, and would
keep the interface simple.  For example, ticking a checkbox next to the name
of a connection establishes it -- and depending on the "exclusive connection"
setting -- will disconnect all other active connections.  Unticking a
checkbox next to the name of a vpn connection would disconnect from the vpn.
The average user would be largely unaffected by the change, but it would
greatly benefit ipsec users.

Bob Ziuchkovski