Re: Ad hoc WEP connection

Patton Echols wrote:

I pointed network manager at the AP, it asked for the WEP pass-phrase, which I gave, no "connection". The network monitor icons seemed to show signal being exchanged, and showed signal strength, but the no actual communication was going on. Am I missing something? Do I have to configure WPA-Supplicant for each WEP I want to access too?

Hi - there's three ways of entering a WEP key for NM to use - pass-phrase, ASCII, or HEX. It's possible that the AP was expecting ACSII rather than pass-phrase?

Regards,
Jon.