Re: Roadmap to 0.7

On Sat, 2007-04-07 at 19:40 +0200, dragoran dragoran wrote:

> On 4/7/07, Dan Williams <dcbw redhat com> wrote:
>         On Thu, 2007-04-05 at 12:48 +0200, Giovanni Lovato wrote:
>         > Hi all!
>         > I can't find a roadmap of this project and I'm wondering if
>         exists a
>         > release date for NetworkManager 0.7, in which I hope there
>         will be
>         > system-wide configuration and multiple active network
>         support!
>
>         There's a "NetworkManagerToDo" page on live.gnome.org that
>         gives the
>         planned list of features for 0.7.
>
>         http://live.gnome.org/NetworkManagerToDo
>
> static ip adresses not on the list? or are they already supported in
> trunk?

That's covered under the system-wide configuration bits.  It actually
means "make configuration more flexible".  I should update the page.
There's also some bits about this under the NetworkManagerConfiguration
page.

The goal is to make stuff Just Work in the same way it already does for
most users.  But if you need to set something up manually, which you
obviously have to with static IP, then you get to start touching stuff.

Dan