Re: Problem changing authentication type for wireless connection

Rohit Kumbhar said the following on 09/26/2006 07:11 PM:
Hi,
Unfortunately, it doesn't answer my question. Thanks for the link anyways. Actually my question would be:
"How does NetworkManager" determine what authentication type to use?'
That would lie between 1.3 and 1.4 I guess.

In my ~/.gconf/system/networking/wireless/networks the directory of the network I want to connect to doesn't exists because I have never successfully connected to that network.
Maybe try "Connect to Other Wireless Network" from the Network Manager applet?!? You will have the option to define which "Wireless Security" model you would like to use for the connection.

HTH,
Adam