missing features on nm

Hi folks,

I use Ubuntu 6.06 since a few weeks and discovered the network manager
with it. I found only one little thing that I really miss. At work, we
have an AP that hasn't a dhcpd running, so that I am forced to use a static
ip address. I didn't find a way to get this accomplished with nm.

Is there any work going on at the nm project to get this feature integrated?

I am also a programmer and whould like to help, if no one has taken a
step forward on this. ;)

best regards,

	Gordon

PS: please cc me. I am currently not subscriped to this list.

--
Gordon Bergling <GBergling at 0xfce3.net>	      http://www.0xFCE3.net/
PGP Fingerprint:  7732 9BB1 5013 AE8B E42C  28E0 93B9 D32B C76F 02A0