Re: suspend, hibernation

On Mon, 2006-10-30 at 13:25 +0100, Nikolaus Filus wrote:
> Krzysztof Kaczmarski wrote:
> > Could someone please,
> > point me to a documentation describing how to get
> > NM working after hibernation and suspend?
> > I tried fighting with /etc/acpi/resume.d and /etc/acpi/suspend.d
> > but without any success.
> > I use Ubuntu 6.06 and nm-applet.
>
> https://launchpad.net/distros/ubuntu/+source/network-manager/+bug/40125
>
> Hope that helps.

Right; on sleep, when given the appropriate signal by your power scripts
(or gnome-power-manager!) NM goes to sleep.  When NM wakes up, it asks
HAL for all known network devices and initializes them.  So what people
need to find out is whether or not their network devices are known to
HAL when the computer wakes up, and if not, whether or not HAL is
sending out signals that the devices now have the correct capabilities
when they are hotplugged by udev on wake.

Dan