Re: Forcing Network Manager to Ignore a Particular SSID ?

David Shepherd wrote:
My apologies in advance for the basic nature of the question,

I have the following situation with Network Manager. I have a wireless network at home that is WEP encrypted.
Unfortunately Network Manager also sees a neighbours Wireless SSID (a Belkin Router, no encryption, just switched on)
and insists that it will connect to that first. Is there any way to give Network Manager a 'black list' so that it will
connect to the home wireless network. The Linux Distribution is SLED 10.

It sounds like you connected to that network by mistake and it is now in NM's list. This link will tell you how to remove it.

http://live.gnome.org/DarrenAlbers/NetworkManagerFAQ#head-bef25c7fff6853c702b745626a9b6fb40058f0e4

Additionally Network-Manager will always attempt to connect to the last network you connected to, so next time after you delete the Belkin network if you connect to your home network it should stay there.