Re: network manager cannot connect to hex network

On Wed, 18 Oct 2006, Aaron Konstam wrote:

On Sun, 2006-10-15 at 16:15 -0700, colin williams wrote:
I'm having trouble with network manager. When I choose to connect to a
network and type in the hex key the connect button never lights up.
I can manually connect to the network using iwconfig and the key.
Anybody have a work around?
One thing I would do is not use a hex key (I assume yo mean a WEP key).
I would use a 13 character  ASCII key.

All well and good if you have control of the WAP...

One subtlety: The hex key field in nm-applet does not want the '0x' prefix for the key. It is assumed.

--
		Matthew Saltzman

Clemson University Math Sciences
mjs AT clemson DOT edu