NM limitations!?

I managed to install Network Manager on Ubuntu, and it works fine with my NetGear WG511T AR5212 802.11abg NIC.

But it is not displaying information the way I think it should.

I have three access points in my home network - a wireless router and two repeaters. All have the same SSID, same channel, but different MAC addresses and different signal strengths. I wish NM would display all three, along with their MAC addresses.

The same thing applies when I am  out connecting to hotspots on the road. There are often multiple hotspots distinguished only by their MAC adresses. I would like to select among them.

Is there a way of configuring what information NM displays? If not, could this information be added (optionally, perhaps) in a future update?

--
- Jeff