Re: WPA authentication instead of Open/WEP

On Fri, 2006-10-06 at 17:10 -0400, Darren Albers wrote:
> It looks like you are running 802.1x with dynamic 64bit wep keys.  The
> iwlist you posted earlier indicates this as well:
> dev1804289383  Scan completed :
>          Cell 01 - Address: 00:0D:54:FD:43:07
>                    ESSID:"RohitsOffice"
>                    Protocol:IEEE 802.11bg
>                    Mode:Master
>                    Channel:6
>                    Encryption key:on
>                    Bit Rates:54 Mb/s
>                    Extra: Rates (Mb/s): 1 2 5.5 9 11 6 12 18 24 36 48 54
>                    Quality=100/100  Signal level=-145 dBm
>                    IE: WPA Version 1
>                        Group Cipher : WEP-40
>                        Pairwise Ciphers (1) : TKIP
>                        Authentication Suites (1) : 802.1X
>

> Unfortunately it doesn't look like NM supports this configuration but
> you can create a wpa_supplicant connection manually if you know the
> eap type (I am guessing EAP-TLS)

We probably need to detect the AP's allowed cipher combinations from the
WPA/RSN IE and set those appropriately in wpa_supplicant.  I think we
already need to do this to work correctly with certain access points
(Netgear wgr614).

That said, using WEP-40 as the group cipher is really, really wierd and
probably completely insecure, defeating the purpose of WPA in the first
place...

dan