Re: WPA authentication instead of Open/WEP

Hello.

On Fri, 2006-10-06 at 17:31, Rohit Kumbhar wrote:
> Stefan Schmidt wrote:
> >
> > How do your colleagues connects with their windows machines?
> > Somekind of certificate and/or login and passwort? Or do they only
> > enter a WEP key?
> Standard windows procedure. Select "Open" from dropdown for
> "Authentication", "WEP" for encryption, enter key, connect!!

Ok, so we can exclude dynamic wep keys. Which brings us back to the
question why your AP advertise WPA.

Please try to the following. Select "Create new wireless network" from
the applet. Enter the SSID as network name and choose WEP 64/128-bit
ASCII as wireless security. Enter wep key and try to connect.

If this don't work, try again with WEP 64/128-bit HEX.

If both don't work, i have now more ideas. Sorry.

regards
Stefan Schmidt