Madwifi issues

Hi

I've just joined on nm maillist. First of all congratulations! The design goals of project are amazing.
Actualy I want to provide a set of deb packages to make nm works perfectly on ubuntu in thinkpads (and in long term, in everywhere). I need a solution to support madwifi and ipw drivers, leap authentication and everything in Ubuntu Dapper version. I have some questions:

- I've noticed that the cvs version does not support madwifi drivers but I know that there is a workarround. I don't know why this fix is not integrated yet but I can imagine that you have already discussed a lot about it, so I want to know where you've discussed this to take a look (if someone want to explain me, it would be perfect).

- I'm experiencing A LOT of issues with madwifi driver, probably there are madwifi users here. Is the problem nm, wpa_supplicant or madwifi driver ? Are you prefer use ndiswrapper instead of madwifi ?

Thanks

Aloisio Almeida
Software Engineer
LTC - IBM Brazil