Re: adding scripts for NetworkManagerDispatcher

Brian Eaton wrote:
- the script must be a regular file (not a symlink), and must be owned by root.

This one is incorrect. We install a script (which auto configures our network printers at our offices) to /usr/sbin and create a symlink from the dispatcher.d directory to this script and it works perfectly.

- the script must be writable only by root, and must not be setuid
I'm not sure if this is the case either (haven't tested nor looked at the code), but I would guess this isn't a requirement, though certainly best practice.

-casey