PEAP/WPA credentials and keyring

Hi,

I'm not sure if this is normal behaviour of NetworkManager but it doesn't save
PEAP/WPA credentials into default GNOME keyring. On the other hand it saves
them in gconf in cleartext which is absurd. So we have two possibilities: WEP
security and storing credentials in keyring and WPA storing credentials in
gconf. I mean why bother storing WEP key in keyring as we all know that any
10-year old kid can break WEP security and on the other hand we have solid WPA
security but its credentials are stored in plain text?

Is this ony problem I see or is this feature yet to be inplemented because
frankly I don't see the point of using WPA if there is username and password
lying plaintext somewhere on my system.

I searched several forums, NM features  and ToDo stuff, even this ml archive for
the past year (somehow - search option of ml doesn't work ATM) and found
nothing.

I'm using Ubuntu Edgy (NM 0.6.3)

Regards,