Re: Is there a way / plugin to make Network manager use installed cisco vpnclient?

Dan Williams <dcbw redhat com> writes:

> No, not at this time with the current Cisco VPN client.  The VPN client
> needs to be modified to receive passwords and other configuration
> information from NetworkManager, and when it's connected to send IP
> configuration information back to NetworkManager.  It currently doesn't
> do that.  There is already the 'vpnc' plugin for NetworkManager, which
> is compatible with Cisco VPN concentrators, but it has rekeying problems
> around the 18 - 24 hour mark when the second set of keys need to be
> rekeyed.  Other than that it works pretty well :)

Is it that long?  I seem to recall having issues as soon as 8-10
hours.  Is there still even any development on vpnc?  Last I saw
they hadn't had any commits or releases since 2005..  But I admit
that yes, it works quite well most of the time.

> Dan

-derek

       warlord MIT EDU                        PGP key available