Re: dial-up config?

Thanks Timo,
  Yes I found that a reboot did handle it.  I wrote Dan as such also.  Thanks for the help.  I noticed that a warning window said it wouldn't handle mutiple providers yet, but after a couple of reboots I was able to get it to show 2 providers. The one thing I might request would be to be able to open a window and see the log file, to see if you are connected, why or when it didn't connect, etc.  Over all I do like it.  Thanks!

idee.

Timo Hoenig <thoenig suse de> wrote:
Hi Idee,

On Fri, 2006-05-26 at 09:57 -0700, mb wrote:

> I just installed 10.1 and the Knetworkmanager looks
> good. I have dial-up at home so I selected the
> configure button. It opened YaST and configured the
> modem and provider fine. When I got back into the Knm
> it still just shows configure. There are no providers
> or devices to choose to get on line. Is there a
> config file somewhere that can be edited, or how do I
> get it to work? I see on the development page a
> screen shot of how it should be with the providers
> available to select.

As Dan already pointed out in his reply, restarting NetworkManager
(rcnetwork restart) does the trick.

We have a fix for YaST to do exactly this whenever you're done with
configuring dial-up connections. However, I'm not sure whether this fix
will be available as online update for SL10.1.

> any help? thanks,
> idee

Timo