Re: Backends and OO principles

On Sat, 2006-05-27 at 14:43 +0200, Ikke wrote:
> If the NM devs 'd think this is a good idea, I'd be willing to work on
> implementing this, as long as my SoC mentor agrees :-)

I'm not an NM dev, but it seems reasonable to me. I've done a bit of
work getting NM to work on my LFS box, and most of my patches consist of
duplicating the contents of the Redhat backend and changing a few things
to suit the different /etc layout. It'd be a lot easier to maintain if I
could simply override a few functions in the Redhat one.

Of course, another school of thought says it's ridiculous having half a
dozen different backends in the first place and that things would be a
lot easier if distros could be a bit more consistent. But that's just
crazy talk... :)

Simon.