Re: NetworkManager doesn't see ipw2200 card

I don't know what version of ipw2200 you are using, but I had a problem using ver. 1.2 of ipw2200 with NetworkManager (Fedora 5) but then Bill Moss pointed out that there is a problem with this version of the wireless driver raising events that NM cannot handle. He has wonderful info about this problem (and solution) here:

http://www.ces.clemson.edu/linux/fc2-ipw2200.shtml

But if you are using an earlier version of ipw2200 the I don't think this should be an issue.

Good luck,
-Forrest

Darren Albers wrote:
It is possible that the debian package is like the earlier Ubuntu
package where Network-Manager won't manage any device listed in
/etc/network/interfaces.

Try commenting out the card there and see if it works.