dial-up config?

I just installed 10.1 and the Knetworkmanager looks
good.  I have dial-up at home so I selected the
configure button.  It opened YaST and configured the
modem and provider fine.  When I got back into the Knm
it still just shows configure.  There are no providers
or devices to choose to get on line.  Is there a
config file somewhere that can be edited, or how do I
get it to work?  I see on the development page a
screen shot of how it should be with the providers
available to select.

any help? thanks,
idee