multiple interfaces

Hi,

every now and again my DSL craps out and when it does come back up,
the two interfaces on the internet turn inactive. So I needed a tool
to keep them up once the net comes back online. I was thinking that
NetworkManager could do this.

So I start the service (under FC4) and all it seems to do is make my
lan connection inactive. eth0 is my lan interface and eth1 and eth2
are my public interfaces. When I start NetworkManager it makes eth0
inactive, but doesn't seem to see eth1 nor eth2.

I've tried looking for documentation, but the website is very lean,
and there doesn't appear to be a man page.

Any help I'd appreciate to get NetworkManager to monitor eth1 and eth2
and bring them up when available would be awesome!

Thanks,

Karen