vpn connections grayed out in nm-applet

Hello all

I'm running NetworkManager (as root) with the Novell extensions to
allow connectivity with a Nortel Contivity switch.

I've configured 2 connections (again as root) via the "VPN Connection"
option called "Configure VPN"

Both of these connection names are grayed out.  I cannot select them.

Is this a permission problem with the files containing the connection
information?   Is it a Gnome problem?  Is it a problem with the Novell
extensions?  Is it some other kind of misconfiguration?  Has anyone
had a problem like this?

Any advice or suggestions will be greatly appreciated.

Mark

--
http://www.geocities.com/juszczec/shawJCCkarate.html