Re: WPA Enterprise

On Thu, 2006-05-04 at 12:22 -0400, R S Gill wrote:
> Hi Everyone,
>
> I'm using network-manager 0.6.2 on Ubuntu Dapper with an ateros based
> card (Netgear WG511T).
>
> When I try to create a new wireless network, there is no option to
> create a WPA Enterprise network.

Because Ad-Hoc mode can't operate using WPA Enterprise.  You must use
WPA Personal or WPA2 Personal with Create Network.  If you'd like to
create a full access point, you get to use hostapd or something like
that.  Unfortunately, running network devices in Master (access point)
mode isn't well supported under linux in most drivers.

> I am however, able to connect to a WPA Enterprise network via the
> "Connect to other wireless network" option.
>
> Is there any way to store the settings I use to connect to a WPA
> Enterprise network so that I do not need to re-enter the information
> each time  I need to connect?

I think Robert might have fixed a few bugs with this.  In any case, if
you run 'gconf-editor', what do you have
under /system/networking/wireless/networks?