re: support for automatically adding BSSIDs to the allowed MAC list as one roams.

> Building on the code, we can consider other interesting options w.r.t.
> BSSIDs.  Dan, for example, has suggested _not_ allowing roaming when
> connected to one of the blacklisted default wireless networks (linksys,
> NETGEAR, and so on).

Salve Robert,

please don't say that this will worsen my experience with identical essids.

I experienced bad problems to connect to a friend’s neighbor’s Siemens/T-online AP because the SSID was ‘WLAN’. There was another unrelated ‘rogue’ AP downstairs whose signal was weak, it was unencrypted but the SSID was also ‘WLAN’. So, nm-applet kept connecting to that one such that I had to rip out its BSSID with gconf-editor so often, that I deactivated NM entirely and used iwconfig ap <suchandsuch>.
The neighbor had an iMac G4 and my friend a Prism2 mini-PCI NIC (me a Centrino NIC). Both didn't see the other AP and didn't understand the problem (...Linux..?!), but it disappeared when we finally switched the ESSID from ‘WLAN’ to ‘Pakt’.    ¹

http://wigle.net/gps/gps//Stat

Yes I see that WLAN is only ~7 percent of linksys, but where's the cut-off?

-- Tobias

¹ This was in Febrary, perhaps the problem would no longer appear?