upgrade to 0.6.2 from 0.5.1 on ubuntu breaks my wep access

Hi all,

just upgraded to 0.6.2 after my 0.5.1 applet didn't show my vpn
connections anymore.

Now, I see the vpn connections in the menu again, but nm doesn't seem to
be able to connect to my WEP enabled WLAN.

First I was prompted to enter my keyring password, then prompted for the
WEP key as often as I tried the various permutations of options here.

I have a hex key which I can use perfectly well with
"iwconfig eth1 key open ..... "

Anything obvious I'm missing or tips about where to look?

TIA,

Karl.